Come aboard an authentic historic train (panoramic railcar from the 1950s or a train from the 1930s) for a guided tour through the Bocq valley.
Rando-Train of the Bocq Railway
On foot and by train in the Bocq valley!
- Hike (with return by train) 10 years and over
- Hike + Train tour (1h30) 12 years and over
- Hike + Train tour (1h30) 11 years and under
Rando-Train du Bocq
Over hills and dales, this 10 km hike with French commentary between Spontin and Bauche will introduce you to the splendid wooded valley of Bocq and its mythical railway. Return from Bauche to Spontin in a “vintage” railcar from the 1950s.
- Length of the hike: 10 km (13 km effort), elevation gain of 184 m. Dirt roads and paths, very little asphalt, two small delicate steep passages. Possibility of mud in the rainy season.
- Comments of the hike: in French.
- Provide: walking shoes with good soles, small snack and drink.
- Minimum age: 10 years old
- Dates: the first Sundays of each month ie April 3, May 1, June 5, July 3, August 7, September 4 and October 2.
– Welcome from 11:00 onwards at the Spontin train station: free drink with your picnic (picnic not provided)
– Start of the hike: 12:00
– Arrival in Bauche around 15:30-16:00
– Boarding the train: 16:00
– Return to Spontin: 16:45
Possibility of picnic (not provided) in a restaurant car of the Bocq railway. Possibility to buy drinks.
- Reservation required, no later than the Friday before the hike. Possibility of cancellation by the organizer if too few registered hikers.
- Maximum number of hikers: 20
You can either:
- book only the tour (drink with your picnic (picnic not provided), guide, train ticket Bauche – Spontin) at the price of 17.00 €.
- book the hike (adult: 12 years and older) (1. above) plus a full train ride to the train of your choice (date and time) for € 27.00. If you choose this option, we will contact you to book the train.
- book the youth tour (11 years and under) (1. above) plus a full train journey of your choice for €21.00. If you choose this option, we will contact you to book the train.